Biotechnology Campaign Award 2014
The European Biotechnology Congress aims to create a network to share and discuss the latest and possible future advances, techniques and issues related to biotechnology. The Congress has succeeded in bringing together well-known scientists, policy makers and industrial professionals working in different fields of Biotechnology from around the world for the last three years. This year The European Biotechnology Congress 2014 will honour a European Small-Medium Enterprise (SME) with Best Biotechnology Product Award.
* European Biotechnology Congress Best Biotechnology Product Award Criteria:
* The call is open to companies qualifying as an SME under the standard EU SME definition.
* The candidate company should be based in one of the European member or associated countries.
* The product should be in the area of red or green biotechnology.
* The innovative product must solve or tackle an important problem in human health (red biotechnology), agriculture or the environment (green biotechnology).
* The product should be approved for marketing by relevant bodies of the European member or associated countries.
* The winning product and company will obtain the following privileges: Free stand and satellite meeting at The European Biotechnology Congress 2014 Collaboration opportunity with the European Biotechnology Thematic Network Association (EBTNA) in EU projects Announcement of the award and the advertisement of the winning product on EBTNA and Congress web pages EBTNA Award Certificate for Best Biotechnology Product Award
The eligible product should be patented in an EU country and have been commercialized in the last two years. The application deadline is April 15, 2014.
Candidates are expected to submit details including:
* A brief, non-technical description of the product including the following information:
1. Which problems can the product help to solve?
2. How does the product work?
3. Details of product novelty
4. Details of product applications
5. Advantages over similar previous products (if not completely novel)
* A technical dossie
* Information about the marketing of the product
1. Is it already on the market?
2. If so, in which countries?
3. Does the submitting company have data on consumers' acceptance?
* Panel decisions will be announced during the European Biotechnology Congress, 15 - 18 May, 2014 in Lecce, ITALY
2013 Best Biotechnology Product Award Winner